I am working on a Servlet/JSP project and I want to host it on aws.amazon.com. I have already signed up for Amazon Web Services and after signing in this page opens up and I have no idea what to do or which option to select.
I think AWS provides a lot of customization with a lot advanced technical options to choose from, but this is difficult for beginners who just want to make their site running.
My project will use these:-
Best How To :
I would suggest these approaches to study:
- Elastic BeanStalk - This is AWS simply hosting model. If you're not IT savy you should pursue this approach
- EC2 with MySQL RDS - In this case you'll create a Virtual Machine(s) (EC2) install Tomcat and other dependencies and deploy your app. You'll then use RDS to store your data (which is MySql as a service)
- EC2 only - YOu'll do the same as 2. but install your own instance of MySql. There may be AMI's offered that you can provision that will meet your application requirements.
- Route53 if your going to use AWS for your domain records
- Elastic Load Balancing if your going to need High Availability
- Elastic Block Store if you want persistent disks accross VMs
- Network Security Groups to secure your VMs (for 1. and 2.)
- Virtual Private Cloud for additional security
- CloudFormation if you want to automate provisioning
There are many articles on: AWS Architecture