So I'm just starting to learn about Git and I'm trying to learn the relationship between the server and client. I don't want to start using GitHub quite yet. The eventual goal is to use my NAS as a server. My strategy is to create both 2 folders: "RemoteTest" and "LocalTest" folders on my local machine, which will act as my client and server.
Here's what I did:
- First created 2 Folders: RemoteTest and LocalTest
- In LocalTest, executed
- In RemoteTest, executed
git init --bare
- In LocalTest, created new file
- Added "test.txt" in LocalTest using
git add test.txt
- Committed using
git commit -m "Testing 123"
- Added the remote location using
git remote add origin ~/Desktop/RemoteTest
- Attempted to push content to RemoteTest using
Everything is good up until step 8, where I then get 2 errors:
- Fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
- List item Error: failed to push some refs to 'c:/Users/Test/Desktop/RemoteTest'
What am I doing wrong? Using latest version of Git and Windows 8.1.