I've created a servlet (Tomcat) application which has these functions:
- It performs HTTP Basic Authentication. It connects to a user and role database.
- It works as "security facade" for some geodata servers behind
- It forwards requests after doing some authorization tests
- In case the response contains XML data, it performs some manipulation (changing URLs, deleteting some XML-Elements or changing it's content). I'm using STaX for this task.
- It logs some information about the response to a database.
It's likely that there is a need for connecting to another user database and to extend the capabilities of the authorization components.
The size of the response data reaches form 10 kB to 500 MB.
I'm new to Spring. Shall I introduce the Spring framework in my application?
EDIT: Perhaps, this question is better: is there a framework (Spring for example) which causes minimal performance loss?
EDIT 2: Is the SO community "Programmers" a better place for this question?