I have a project that is built into an executable. Some kind of server. And a Team City as CI. I configured Team City to automatically build my sources.
I would like to achive the following steps:
- Sources are built by Team City when someone commits into repo. (done)
- Built binaries are copied to some location. (On the same machine where Team City server is running)
- My executable is launched with some parameters.
First two steps I managed to configure with creating separate Build configuration for deployment with Artifacts dependency. But I don`t know how to start my executable. If I do it with Command Line Build step than Build Agent hangs until the application is killed. And I need the opposite - launched by Build Agent application should live for a long time while the Build Agent itself finishes right after running my exe.
Is it possible to do this or am I misusing CI?
Also I need to be able to do Redeployment:
- Kill previously run application (by process image f.e.)
- Do all steps from regular deployment.
Searching "Continuous deployment" gives results only for Web-based deployment which is not my case.