Here's some bullet points:
- Enterprise .NET and Silverlight app running on a client's Win2k8R2 server
- Runs in IE9
- 13 minutes, 20 seconds (800,000 ms) after a user logs into the app, the browser window it's running in closes (any other open browser windows are not affected).
- Termination doesn't affect concurrent users, if user1 logs in at 0 minutes and user2 logs in at 5 minutes, user1's application window will close at 13:20 and user2's will at 18:20.
- It doesn't matter if the user is idle or actively using the application, the window still closes at the same time
- The timeout length set in the Web.config is 30 minutes, IIS app pool has idle time-out set to 20 minutes, IIS recycle set to every 29 hours.
- There shouldn't be a setting in the app code that would cause this to happen: we distribute the same exact application to numerous clients and have never had this issue before.
I've looked at the IIS-Configuration Administrative/Operational logs and application logs and there aren't any significant messages in any of them when the browser terminates.
This is a pretty broad problem description, just testing the waters to see if anyone has seen anything like this issue before and if people have any ideas of where to keep looking.