I am facing a rather peculiar issue: I have a Qt C++ application that used to work fine. Now, suddenly I cannot start it anymore. No error is thrown, no nothing.
Some more information:
- Last line of output when application is started in debug mode with Visual Studio 2012:
The program ' App.exe' has exited with code -1 (0xffffffff).
- Actual application code (= first line in main()) is never called or at least no breakpoints are triggered, so debugging is not possible.
- The executable process for a few seconds appears in the process list and then disappears again.
- Win 7 x64 with latest Windows updates.
- The issues simultaneously appeared on two separate machines.
- Application was originally built with Qt 5.2.1. Today I test-wise switched to Qt 5.4.1. But as expected no change.
- No changes to source code were made. The issue also applies to existing builds of the application.
- Running DependencyWalker did not yield anything of interest from my point of view.
I am flat out of ideas. Any pointers on what to try or look at? How can an executable suddenly stop working at all with no error?