I seem to have a strange problem with PHP.
I've migrated a bunch of software from one server to another. On the server some scripts make a connection to Oracle, so to be able to make a connection the oracle client is installed and a tnsnames file is in place. Connection from sql*plus works.
Some of the scripts use PDO, so for that I've enabled extension=php_pdo_oci.dll in php.ini. These scripts work like a charm.
Some other scripts use functions like oci_connect, and these need a extension like php_oci8.dll. With xammp (that I use as apache/php/mysql bundle) php_oci8_12c.dll is delivered, so I thought that extension would be adequate.
When starting the server, I see these errors in the php errorlog:
Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\xampp\php\ext\php_oci8_12c.dll' - The specified procedure could not be found.
The file is in located in C:\xampp\php\ext\, so that shouldn't be a problem. Other extensions that are in the same dir are picked up without any problems. I've also tried to load php_oci8.dll, wich I picked up from the old server, but got exactly the same problem.
Some answers I found to similar problems I tried without success: - copying the dll to c:\windows\system - adding the php ext dir to the system PATH variable - adding the oracle client to the system PATH variable (was already in there)
The software versions I'm using:
- OS: Windows 2012 R2 x64
- PHP: 5.6.3
- Oracle database: 126.96.36.199.0